Vacant properties are at risk of being broken into by intruders and falling into disrepair due to problems going unnoticed.
If a property you own becomes empty and you don’t live close by you may find it difficult to keep any eye on it.
Using a professional property inspection service is an invaluable way of protecting your investment, saving money, and gaining peace of mind that all is well with your empty property.
What do property inspectors do?
At Debt Squared our professional and comprehensive property inspection service includes a 139 point check.
They key areas that our property inspectors report on include:
- Land and garden maintenance
- Security installations
- Signs of intrusions
- Potential hazards
- Essential property maintenance required
- Meter readings
How can property inspections save you money?
Having your empty property inspected on a regular basis means that any problems or damage are picked up early on, preventing them from spiralling into more serious, dangerous, or expensive issues.
Here are a few ways that property inspections can help you to save money in the long run.
- Identify areas of the property that require maintenance or repairs to prevent damage from worsening and becoming very expensive to fix.
- Identify signs of intruders early on to minimise damage.
- Comply with insurance policy. A common insurer’s requirement is that the property is inspected regularly and not being able to prove this could result in your claim being invalid.
- Avoid legal costs by acting on your duty of care. Neglecting your property could leave you open to litigation if any accidents, injuries or damage occur due to you failing at your duty of care.
To find out more about our property inspection services, give our team here at Debt Squared a call on 0800 002 9049.