CRAR Protective Warrants of Control
A special facility for commercial tenants that have reported financial hardship and are seeking time to pay.
A CRAR Protective Warrant of Control provides an alternative to traditional CRAR enforcement, and has particular relevance during this uncertain time created by the COVID-19 outbreak during which temporary legislation has been introduced that stays landlords’ ability to activate enforcement procedures until due rent has been outstanding for over 90 days.
This new service enables you to maintain a level of control over any bad debt cases whilst adhering to the latest legislation, whilst at the time providing a supportive approach to tenants suffering negative cash flow impacts as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
Why choose a Protective Warrant of Control from Debt Squared Group?
- A Protective Warrant is for a tenant that has requested time to pay due to a cash-flow shortage.
- Terms of a Protective Warrant: A Protective Warrant is a Controlled Goods Agreement issued by Debt Squared Group. The company determines that a Protective Warrant is a set payment arrangement that has been agreed between the instructing client and tenant and administrated either by Debt Squared Group or the instructing client. A Protective Warrant is a payment arrangement that is more than 28 days in term or otherwise agreed at the discretion of Debt Squared Group at all times.
- Provides an effective method of formally agreeing payment plans with tenants that genuinely, given the circumstances, need additional time to pay.
- The payment plans are administered by Debt Squared Group, removing any additional administrative burdens form our clients.
- No interest is applied and it has no negative credit impact on the tenant.
- It ensures a deferred enforcement action in line with latest legislation.
- Provides a relatively low touch protective security measure that gives landlords the comfort of title over assets
- A LOW COST way of protecting the interests you and your tenants.
- Dual CRAR-SCAR fixed fee service.
How does this service compare to use of standard CRAR?
A Case Example: - On a debt value of £6,201.60
Statutory charges using CRAR
Compliance - £90.00
Enforcement - £705.14
Total Charges Payable - £795.14
The Enforcement Fee being £235.00 plus 7.5% of the arrears on a debt above £1,500.
Statutory charges using the Debt Squared Protective Warrant of Control service
Compliance - £90.00
Enforcement - £282.00
Total Charges Payable - £310.00
The tenant would be saving £485.14 in NOT paying charges under our Protective Warrant service.
Service Charge Arrears Recoveries
Protective Warrants with fixed costs applied to SCAR dual accounts. On all dual CRAR-SCAR instructions, Debt Squared will only apply a fixed fee of £75.00 plus Vat.
How to instruct us:
You can down-load the new Protective Warrant of Control using the download link in the sidebar above, or by contacting the team on 0800 002 9049 to register and have online access to our case management programme clearVIEW. clearVIEW gives you the ability to input your instructions directly into our system.
- Minimal Statutory charges apply:
Compliance Fee: £75.00 plus VAT
Enforcement Fee: £235.00 plus VAT
- ACT NOW: 0800 002 9049 -
We Will Action Instructions Immediately