What are Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards?
The MEES legislation that initially came into force in April 2018 initially banned landlords from granting a fresh tenancy to new or existing tenants unless the building has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) in place showing that the building has an energy efficiency rating of E or better. With effect from April 2023 the legislation will extended to cover all leases, including properties where a lease is already in place.
It also now seems likely following a round of consultations that the government will introduce regulations to implement a target of an EPC B rating by 2030 with interim milestones to get to this ultimate level.
What are the implications for landlords of commercial buildings?
Quite simply, if a building fails to meet the minimum EPC standards within the proscribed timescales, unless an exemption can be obtained, it cannot be let out, with all of the negative financial impacts that will occur as a result.
How can smartPROP help?
- The Survey
First priority is to establish the current rating of your building. In order to do this we will arrange a full EPC survey of your premises.
- The Report
We will analyse the data generated for the survey, to produce a full MEES report which will involve is consulting with you to establish what type of energy saving measures are practical in your situation. From this work we will then calculate what the EPC rating for your building would be if you carried out a variety of different sets of measures, focusing on establishing the most cost effective and least disruptive ways to get your building to at least an E rating.
We will provide you with a detailed MEES report that will present you with several different scenarios, each representing a different approach to getting your property up to an E rating or better on your post installation EPC.
- The Solution
Based on your agreed requirements we will then be able to establish a relevant and fully costed programme of works and deploy our contracts team to undertake the work in order to ensure that your building reaches and maintains the required standards.
We offer an extended range of survey and reporting services
Example costs below are purely provided as a guidance:
- up to 150 m2 £129.95
- 151-300 m2 £189.95
- 301-500 m2 £245.00
- 501 - 1000 m2 £285.00
- 1001 - 1500 m2 £305.00
- 1501 - 3500 m2 £445.00
- Floor Plans £69.95
- Legionella Surveys £69.95
- Asbestos Surveys £169.95
- Fire Risk Assessments £169.95
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
For more information click here or call 0800 002 9049.
It couldn't be simpler or more efficient!
In order to provide a quote for a Commercial EPC, we would require the following property information:
- Full property address including postcode
- Current or most previous use e.g. retail, office, warehouse
- How many floors it's over
- Size in m2/sqft (GIA)
- If it's a new build, recent conversion, change of use or existing build
- Any floor plans or fire safety plans to assist with the quote
Instruct with Confidence
All of our appointed assessors have the relevant qualifications and insurances to be carrying out your survey, from our Asbestos Surveyors to our Sound Testing Engineers.
The team we engage are fully qualified, accredited and insured assessors. The team have surveyed just about every type of building you can imagine, and worked in every part of the UK.
4D Building Monitoring
4D Monitoring is a building monitoring solution that utilises sensor technology to track the performance of assets within the central plant. Operational metrics, such as flow and return rates, temperature, pressure and power are then sent to 4D Monitoring’s cloud-based portal. Through the smartPROP intelligence working partnership collaboration, clients achieve on average 15% energy savings in the buildings with 4D Monitoring installed.
Our monitoring and maintenance service covers:
- Heating, Cooling and Ventilation including boilers, chillers, air conditioning systems, air handling units etc
- Electrical Services including emergency power provision
- Electrical fixed wiring testing
- Building Control Systems
- Emergency Lighting
- Fire Alarm systems
- Sprinkler Systems
- Generators and UPS
- Cooling Towers
- Water Hygiene Services including to ACOPL8 standards
- Generally a full maintenance and compliance service for all Mechanical and electrical building services
- Ability to safely isolate all unused services in a Void property
- 24/7 Emergency call out service with in-house help desk service provision
Smart Rating System
Using one of our carefully selected specialist partner we are able to help landlords and managing agents to understand, improve, benchmark and promote the digital connectivity in their buildings, enabling them to make their attractiveness to tenants who are increasingly looking to work in buildings that have the digital infrastructure in place to meet the e=demands of modern business.
- Future-proof assets by enabling you to identify and review building enhancements and show you how to mitigate technical obsolescence.
- Drive rental value by improving your building asset’s quality through enhanced connectivity enabling you to command a rental premium.
- Attract and retain tenants by raising your building technology standards and enabling you to differentiate you offering in the competitive landscape.
What do we measure?
Are potential outages mitigated through resllient infrastrcuture? Is the critical telecommunications equipment secure?
Does the building provide tenants with a seamless digital connectivity experience?
Is the tenant experience in the building enhanced by access to uninterrupted mobile coverage?
Is there flexibility and capacity to adapt to new and advancing technologies?
Receive Official Certification through WiredScore
Understand the digital infrastructure and connectivity capability of the buildings and developments from WiredScore's audit and review.
Receive guidance from the operations team on how to improve the asset.
Align and benchmark the building with one of WiredScore's globally recognised ratings.
Communicate the building's connectivity and WiredScore certification level to the market.
Ensure your building portfolio delivers on the four key propositions:
- Deliver an inspirational user experience.
- Optimise to deliver cost efficiencies.
- Create a sustainable environment.
- Deliver future-proofing.